Thursday, December 8, 2016

Hand Painted Holiday Book Wraps

hand painted gift wrapping DIY for books

You know you’re doing something right when people want to use your paper gift-wrapping creation as a real life handbag. And who am I to tell them they can’t? While I certainly agree that these envelope-inspired designs are pretty enough to pair with a cocktail dress and sparkly heels, I can’t guarantee they’d hold up to more than two uses… but for holiday gift-wrapping, they’re absolutely perfect. According to my calculations, the DIY process should work for just about any flat-ish rectangular gift, but today, we’re showing you how to create gorgeous, custom packaging for all the coffee table books and cookbooks you’ll be gifting this season. photography by Kristen Kilpatrick To get started, you’ll want to hand paint plain white poster boards. I chose acrylic paints in a nude, a light gray and a pearlescent pink to create this soft color way, then free handed three different patterns onto my posters. I find that for projects ...read the rest of the story here

The post Hand Painted Holiday Book Wraps appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2hp38Te
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment