Friday, March 18, 2016

How to Fake a Formal Dining Room

swedish dining room - love the bright pop of orange!

I don’t have a formal dining table, my table functions as a workspace for projects, an area to entertain, sometimes extra food prep space, and more. So when I cook for family and friends I need to make an all-purpose surface and make it feel focused and a little more formal. This year my parents moved from our old house with its breakfast nook off the kitchen and separate formal dining room into a house with an open floor plan. It’s been interesting to see how our eating habits have changed with the new space. Personally I’ve found that I can take my multipurpose table from a workspace to guest-ready without making major adjustments and this works well for me,  but I’d love to hear from you – do you have a formal dining room? Do you use it often or does it only get action at Thanksgiving? Match your dining chairs, but ...read the rest of the story here

The post How to Fake a Formal Dining Room appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1nTQqye
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment