Friday, March 25, 2016

Are you on a media junk diet?

How what we read and watch affects who we are

featured image by chris craymer They say if you want to get a quick overview of a person’s intelligence, interests, and background, just take a look at their bookshelf (or even better, their Netflix queue). Around our house these days you’d find a mix of favorite paperbacks like Just Kids and A Moveable Feast alongside hardback copies of old classics and indie dvds. Let’s just say that cohabitating has upped my vocab: Michael has influenced me to watch better movies, read better books, and he brings a constant stream of good albums into my life. Now we’re on a journey of discovery together, and it’s a big part of our relationship. It’s not that I had terrible taste before, I was just a little bit lazy when it came to media in general. Why seek out a unknown indie flick when I could just turn on Keeping up with the ...read the rest of the story here

The post Are you on a media junk diet? appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/21Kt2AB
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment