Wednesday, November 1, 2017

How to Be a Better Listener in 6 Steps

how to be a better listener

This is one of those posts that I decided to write mainly because I needed to read it. For years, one of my New Years resolutions has been to become a better listener, yet it still ends up being one of the things that I consistently struggle with the most. Far too often when I’m in conversation, I accidentally end up replaying events from the day, thinking about my to-do list, or getting distracted by the buzz of my phone. Yes, it’s unintentional, but there’s a quote that says, “The first duty of love is to listen,” and there’s not a doubt in my mind that being a good listener is one of the most powerful ways we can show others that we really care about them. Plus we’ll learn so much more and have deeper insights if we’re able to truly process what we’re hearing. Since those are things that ...see the slideshow here

The post How to Be a Better Listener in 6 Steps appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2hsXCBu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment