Thursday, November 30, 2017

Are We Living In a Culture of Flakes?

don't be flakey!

Six days, three reschedules, and two time-sensitive text messages that went unanswered for 14 hours. That’s what it took recently for a friend to pick up a couch he’d already agreed to buy from me. This behavior got the entire Career Contessa office talking, and our Editorial Director Kit Warchol was so enraged that she has deemed this the “culture of flakes.” 78%. That’s the percentage of millennials who say they’ve been “ghosted” at least once during their swinging single days. And 2. There are two women I know personally who accepted job offers only to have their potential employer disappear on them entirely. I’ve had the privilege of witnessing the rise of flakiness in our culture first-hand. Having spent four-plus years on the online dating circuit, I’ve heard all the last-minute excuses (my favorite: a sprained wrist). And I can count on one hand the friends I have that make plans more ...see the slideshow here

The post Are We Living In a Culture of Flakes? appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2AIrh4V
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment