Thursday, September 29, 2016

How to Get Your Brain in its Best Shape Ever

marni flower market

Editor’s note: Today’s post is brought to us by Minaa B., author of Rivers Are Coming, founder of the digital mental health magazine Respect Your Struggle, and a licensed master social worker. When I was 22 years old, I was diagnosed with severe depression. Through therapy, I learned how to create self-care rituals to help alleviate my sporadic bouts of sadness, and exercising was one of those tools. Working out became a necessity for me, and proved to be an invaluable way to lessen my anxiety and to help with managing my depression. I do my best to head to the gym, go for a walk, or ride my bike every day, but when unexpected circumstances come up, I end up putting the gym on the back burner. That decision is then followed by a wave of regret over missing the opportunity to burn off some calories, and release tension from my body, and on those ...see the slideshow here

The post How to Get Your Brain in its Best Shape Ever appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2dnXD52
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment