Friday, October 7, 2016

This Is The Most Obnoxious E-mail Thing You Do

jennifer_meyer-54-2

Before I tell you about the most obnoxious email thing you do, let me tell you a story. Picture this: It’s 4:52 P.M. on a Thursday and I have big plans to meet my girlfriends at a new swanky wine bar. It’s 8 minutes to Happy Hour and then I’m letting loose. Then this thing happens: Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. The familiar sound of emails suddenly plunking into our inboxes. A flurry of them. A good half dozen per person, meaning at 4:53 P.M., we’re faced with a total of twenty new emails from writers, clients, collaborators… you name it — and almost all of them require a response: “Sounds great, Lauren! Will you send me a calendar invite for that?” “I’m cc’ing Lauren from Career Contessa who will explain everything to you ASAP!” “I haven’t heard back from our client yet. Can we postpone tomorrow morning’s meeting by a few hours?” ...see the slideshow here

The post This Is The Most Obnoxious E-mail Thing You Do appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2e9ie1z
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment