Thursday, October 20, 2016

Why You Should Be Practicing Mental Realness (and How to Do It)

black and white stripes and jeans

Editor’s note: Today’s post is brought to us by Minaa B., author of Rivers Are Coming, founder of the digital mental health magazine Respect Your Struggle, and a licensed master social worker. Minaa is also a full-time freelance writer based in NYC, and on her spare time enjoys a good book and loves candle lighting for relaxation. Burnout — the breakdown that occurs when we have too heavy a load on our backs, and an outcome I’m personally all too familiar with. For many years, I felt it was my job to carry my stress, but still act as if I had it all together. I told myself that’s what “adulting” looked like. I had to learn the hard way that if I don’t tend to myself and acknowledge my feelings, then the heaviness on my shoulders will cause me to live a neglected and unsatisfied life. In other words: burnout. For me, burnout manifests in an intense episode of ...see the slideshow here

The post Why You Should Be Practicing Mental Realness (and How to Do It) appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2eaU9sR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment