Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Say Hello to Spring With This Lentil Salad

A spring lentil salad | This Brown Kitchen

With the start of the new season, I am so ready to get out of my soup and warm curry phase and get back into fresh and cool dishes like smoothie bowls and crisp salads. We just celebrated Holi, the Indian festival of colors and the official welcome of spring, and I was feeling particularly ready for some colorful veggies and some of my favorite flavors. Growing up, there was some variation of this salad at the dinner table at all times. While the thing I love about Indian cooking is all of the flavor combinations and depth of spices you can have, there was always some kind of palate cleanser at the table as well. Chop up some cucumber, tomatoes, and onions, add some lemon juice and cilantro, toss it in a bowl, and you’re good to go! It’s just about having something light and refreshing and I love ...see the slideshow here

The post Say Hello to Spring With This Lentil Salad appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2FDMRpS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment