Monday, May 14, 2018

The One Email Hack That’s Helped Me Be More Present

We talk quite a bit around here about cleaning up our social media habits in order to be more present, healthy, and not fall prey to the rabbit hole of the endless scroll. But during a recent 48-hour “digital detox” (more on that soon), I realized how much of my mental energy is also consumed by simple old-school email. Checking it, reading it, and then thinking about what I just read while I go about the rest of my day-to-day. The average person checks their email 15 times a day, and thanks to it being always accessible on my phone, I’m probably guilty of even way more than that. So when I read about a recent study that found stress levels decreased significantly when people were limited to checking their email just three times per day, I started to wonder whether my email habits could be more harmful than I realized. It ...see the slideshow here

The post The One Email Hack That’s Helped Me Be More Present appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles https://ift.tt/2IgX94I
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment