Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Mango Lassi Popsicles

mango lassi popsicles - flavored with cardamom, saffron, and pistachios | This Brown Kitchen

There’s a part of Houston that is home to an eclectic mix of South Asian shops – from clothing, jewelry, and specialty grocery stores, the neighborhood is sometimes referred to as the “Little India” of Houston. Every few weeks my mom would drive my brother and I out to the area to pick up the essentials: bulk spices, rice and flours in bags that were almost as big as we were, strangely shaped vegetables that we couldn’t quite pronounce, and cartons of Indian desserts for my dad to snack on after dinner. My goal for these trips when we were younger was not to watch my mom carefully pick out these items, but to get a little sweet treat for myself – mango kulfi. Every time we’d get to the check out line, my mom would point to the little freezer in the corner of the grocery store and my brother and ...see the slideshow here

The post Mango Lassi Popsicles appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2eNeQeg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment