Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Kentucky Derby Pie Milkshake

Derby Pie Milkshakes recipe
With the Kentucky Derby only days away, I’ve been feeling a little nostalgic for the Kentucky Derby celebrations of my childhood. When I was growing up, we often attended the home of my parents’ best friends for their annual Derby party. Having grown up in the Bluegrass State, they were deeply rooted in the traditions surrounding the race and no detail was left unattended.  Big floppy hats adorned with flowers and feathers were passed around, long southern drawls were feigned, bets were placed on the most promising racehorses, and the bourbon flowed freely — I loved every minute of it. And while still too young to take part in the mint juleps (oh how I longed to sip from one of those fancy silver cups) I was all too happy to indulge my adolescent imagination and play the part of southern belle. I vividly remember that year over year I was consistently ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1z9Y78K
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment