Tuesday, June 12, 2018

4 Ways to Support a Negative Friend

Camille Styles: 4 Ways to Support a Negative Friend

We all have a Debbie Downer in our lives—the coworker who always complains, the negative friend who feels the world is out to get them, or the family member who thinks they will never measure up. The trapping spiral of negativity can be exhausting and self-destructive to even the most positive among us. I almost had to cut ties with one of my BFFs because it seemed that no matter where we were or what we were doing, negativity always came pouring out. It took me some time to realize that my ways of trying to help were basically equivalent to fanning hot coals. With a shift in perspective and some advice from the experts, I was able to arm myself with the tools to successfully handle it. If you find yourself dreading being around someone who’s chronically annoyed, critical, angry, or just plain rude, here are some key things ...see the slideshow here

The post 4 Ways to Support a Negative Friend appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles https://ift.tt/2l3uVwd
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment