Friday, June 15, 2018

10 Ideas for Wall Art that Isn’t ‘Art’

Camille Styles: Wall Art

photo via kimset house Let’s face it – art in its traditional sense just doesn’t speak to everyone. I’ve seen this firsthand while exploring museums, traveling, and studying Art History where I overheard people whisper ‘that’s art?’ or ‘I don’t get it…’ to those next to them. Maybe the way we’ve historically been taught to classify and identify ‘art’ as paintings, photography, sculptures, etc. excludes many from enjoying the benefits of having art in the home, in whatever form that art may be. I helped one my friends move houses over a year ago, and was amazed when I went back recently to see beautiful furniture all throughout the space, but nothing on the walls. When I asked him why he said, “I hate the bare walls. But I don’t have any paintings, and I don’t like anything I’ve seen to buy.”  The ‘aww!’ moment that quickly followed set me on ...see the slideshow here

The post 10 Ideas for Wall Art that Isn’t ‘Art’ appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles https://ift.tt/2MrbKsZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment