Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Quinoa Breakfast Bowl With Saffron-Poached Peaches

A Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Saffron Poached Peaches and Spices from This Brown Kitchen

This might come as a shock, but I loathe oatmeal. I know, I know: it’s staple breakfast and a great way to get some whole grains into your diet, but there’s just something about the goopy texture and flavor that I can’t get over. I’ve even given overnight oats a try and still no success in jumping on the oatmeal train. After many trials and tribulations on the hunt for a hearty breakfast to switch up my green smoothie habit, I came across the idea of using quinoa as my breakfast grain of choice. Quinoa has always been a staple in my lunch time power bowl and salad recipes, so it was such a fun surprise to find a regular place for this protein packed grain in my breakfast rotation. Inspired as a lighter, brekkie version of one my favorite Indian desserts, kheer – which is a rice pudding type dessert – these quinoa ...see the slideshow here

The post Quinoa Breakfast Bowl With Saffron-Poached Peaches appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2sRYnYe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment