Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Healthy Chiles Rellenos

healthy chiles rellenos

Here in Austin, it feels like we just made a beeline straight from winter temps right into bikini weather (Spring? What Spring?) Although this heat-loving south Texas girl doesn’t mind the quick transition, as I shop for my new swimsuit in March, I’m reminded that it’s time to spring clean my diet a bit. When you come from a Hispanic family and your favorite dishes include tacos and enchiladas, you don’t want to give up great taste in the name of wellness…thankfully today’s chiles rellenos include a healthy dose of both. If you aren’t familiar with the dish, chiles rellenos are typically cheesy stuffed green peppers that are breaded and fried. Not exactly the lightest option out there, so I was determined to get in the kitchen and do a little experimenting until I mastered the perfect twist on this Mexican classic that satisfies my cravings, no greasiness in sight. *photography by ashleigh amoroso  ...see the slideshow here

The post Healthy Chiles Rellenos appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2ncnFgj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment