Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Healthiest No-Bake Key Lime Pie Ever

Healthy No-Bake Key Lime Pie Mousse -- with a surprising ingredient that makes them Vegan, too!

When I set out to create a healthier version of key lime pie, I had a lot of goals in mind. First, I wanted it to be no-bake, because #August. And #Texas. Which was tough, since you can’t have key lime pie without that signature graham cracker crust. Second challenge is that I wanted it to be vegan, and I’ve got to admit that it wasn’t easy to recreate the creamy custard filling without using the classic sweetened condensed milk, which, you can probably guess, is not vegan. But I prevailed, and I bet you’ll never guess the secret ingredient that gives this mousse it’s richness. Which is fine, because I’m about to tell you. Phoebe is my sweet-toothed girl. If it were up to her, she’d skip every meal in favor of dessert (but really, wouldn’t we all?) She’s really been my inspiration to give our favorite sweets a healthy makeover; ...read the rest of the story here

The post The Healthiest No-Bake Key Lime Pie Ever appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2aYTp3x
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment