Tuesday, August 23, 2016

How To Finish Decorating Your Home

green velvet

When I moved to Austin a few years ago, I had nothing but two overweight suitcases in tow. I spent months making trips to and from stores trying to equip my first home, and still it felt so empty. In some ways it was a wonderful having a blank slate without being restricted by hand-me-down furniture or decorations I had outgrown. But no matter how many hours I put in, it never felt done. Keep reading for four steps I took that finally made an impact, and to see how to bring this look home. Have one statement piece of furniture – A piece like a green velvet sofa or an upholstered headboard can create a focal point for a room. Once you have this, you can build symmetrically out from this point using lower budget items. For example, in the inspiration photo the Kate Moss poster is flanked by two smaller frames. ...read the rest of the story here

The post How To Finish Decorating Your Home appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2bJqMHV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment