Monday, December 21, 2015

Mexican Wedding Cookies

Mexican Wedding Cookies
Most of us have a few foods that instantly take us back to childhood, and these cookies are one of them for me. Growing up, my grandmother “Mo” made batches of her famous sand tarts as the centerpiece to our Christmas Eve gathering each year, and I always looked forward to biting into the buttery shortbread and getting covered in powdered sugar in the process. Probably the closest thing we ever got to a “White Christmas” here in Texas. Over the years, I’ve usually heard them called Mexican wedding cookies, and also Russian teacakes, snowdrops and pecan butterballs. They’re all equally delicious, and as we count down to Christmas, thought it would be fun to share my family’s classic recipe (with a few shots from the Cookie Party in my book.) It couldn’t be easier — only 6 ingredients! Let me know in the comments if you give it a try – also, I’d love to ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1RB0yso
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment