Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cucumber Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette & Chile Oil

bashed cucumber salad w/ sesame vinaigrette & sichuan oil
It’s possible that I needed an outlet for my frustration (the lazy days of summer are over, after all!), but when I read about the trend of smashing cucumbers, I couldn’t wait to pull out my kitchen mallet and make a delicious mess. Bashing cucumbers turns out to be a great trick – creating craggy surfaces for dressing to hide in makes for a much more flavor-packed and texturally interesting salad, and you can’t deny the fun of wielding a hammer in the kitchen. The sesame dressing is a rich counterpoint to cucumber’s cool, slightly bitter crunch, and you’ll fall in love with the Sichuan chile oil – I’ve been drizzling it on chicken and stir-fried greens all week. If you want to make a meal out of this dish, toss in some thinly sliced grilled steak and serve steamed jasmine rice on the side. ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1FkU3QJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment