Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Life-Changing Power of Books

The Life-Changing Power of Books | Camille Styles
For me, books have always been the ultimate hideaway. Throughout my adolescence (and now, into adulthood) I’ve used books to put what I was feeling into words, to escape into magical worlds, and reading helped me grow into the woman I wanted to be. Today I enlisted the help of two of my favorite book-lovers — women I’ve spent hours with talking about books over coffees or staying up late into the night to discuss words we’ve read that meant something to us. I met my friend, Annaka Ailie, when I was 15 and she was three years older than me with long, long blonde hair, a car with Tom Petty on repeat, and so cool. My friend Lauren Smart was my first peer to graduate from grad school and get a real, true job as a writer. I’ve always admired her tenacity and determination. When I asked these two if they would write ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1NMx5Zu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment