Friday, September 25, 2015

Sprouted Rye Apple Butter Muffins

Rye Apple Muffins
It might not be sweater weather quite yet here in Austin, but I’m feeling pretty autumnal anyway, thanks to one of my favorite fall crops: apples. I was so surprised several years ago to discover that Texas boasts several thriving apple orchards, and now as soon as the rosy Galas, Annas, and MacIntoshes start coming into our local markets, I start dusting off my recipes for tarts, pies, applesauce, and these new favorites, shared by my friend and baker extraordinaire Barrie Cullinan - Sprouted Rye Apple Butter Muffins. The rye flour imparts a hearty, earthy flavor that plays oh-so-nice with tart apples and crunchy toasted walnuts, and a simple streusel tops things off with a sweet-salty crunch. These keep great and travel well – we love to eat them with sweet cream butter or a dollop of Greek yogurt. *photography by Winslow + co ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1iA2Qcf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment