Friday, July 20, 2018

10 Best Foods to Boost Your Hydration – And How to Eat Them

tropical fruit display

I’ve recently come to the realization that when I’m feeling sluggish and tired, it’s often because I’m actually dehydrated. It usually happens around that 2pm slump at work, when I’ve forgotten to refill my water bottle and reach for a coffee instead. Did you know that when you feel thirsty, you’ve already lost 2 – 3 percent of your body fluid, which makes you lethargic? Dehydration lowers blood volume, meaning you don’t get as much blood to your brain and your heart has to pump harder. Okay, science class dismissed, and now the real question is – what else can we do about it besides drink more water? Since I for one find snacking to be more fun sometimes, I’m really interested in which fruits and vegetables do double duty in giving our bodies major doses of nutrition and hydration. Scroll on for the top 10 most hydrating foods and our favorite recipes for ...see the slideshow here

The post 10 Best Foods to Boost Your Hydration – And How to Eat Them appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles https://ift.tt/2uMvpvi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment