Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Peach & Blueberry Crumble with Gingersnap Crust

Peach & Blueberry Crumble

Summertime is made for crumbles. And crisps and cobblers and buckles. Thought I’m a little fuzzy on the exact distinctions, I know that I’d happily eat any of them on a warm summer night with a scoop of ice cream. Also, for breakfast. The only problem with peach season is that I can’t control myself from buying way too many of them every time I’m at the grocery store, so faced with this predicament, I created this recipe last weekend as a delicious way to use them up. I tossed the sliced peaches in a big bowl with blueberries (I prefer frozen so they don’t turn everything purple), sugar, lemon juice, and a touch of almond extract. And the corn starch is essential for creating that oozing filling that’s syrup, not watery. The topping on this crumble (or is it a crisp?) is what really takes this recipe over the ...read the rest of the story here

The post Peach & Blueberry Crumble with Gingersnap Crust appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/28OvwuM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment