Friday, June 24, 2016

Could You Live In a Monotone Space?

How to achieve the monochrome room trend (while still being practical)

When I was furnishing my first home I wanted a white sofa, against the better, wiser judgement of my family and friends. I don’t have children yet, I didn’t have pets at the time; my white sofa days were numbered and I wanted to make the most of them. So I bought one and set it on a plush, white rug against all white walls. I soon discovered that the secret to keeping upholstered furniture white is to never, ever let anyone sit on it. And yet, I see beautiful rooms like this and a part of me still yearns for this ultimate minimalist palette. What about you, could you ever do a monochromatic room like this? Would you crave more color, or would it be more a matter of practicality? While I learned the hard way that a white couch rarely stays that way, there are plenty of other ways to ...read the rest of the story here

The post Could You Live In a Monotone Space? appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/28RyCQp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment