Thursday, October 15, 2015

Neighborhood Open House

fall table centerpiece
Autumn feels like a fitting time of year to reconnect with faraway friends, as well as the people who live right in our own neighborhoods. When I was growing up, my parents were always friends with our neighbors — we’d have dinner parties, leave baked goods on each other’s doorsteps, and when I was old enough I loved having all those built-in babysitting gigs. I have to admit that as an adult, I’m guilty of letting the busyness of life prevent me from really getting to know our neighbors, and I’ve been thinking lately about how much I’d like to change that as our kids get older. As the holidays approach, inviting the neighbors over for a casual afternoon get-together feels like just the thing. For the menu, an easy buffet of finger foods and mugs full of warming soup will make people want to cozy up in front of the fire ...see the slideshow here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1KbHSXk
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment