Friday, October 23, 2015

Charred Beets with Avocado Crema & Chile-Lime Salt

Beets // Market Fresh
We’re feeling fall at the market! New greens and root vegetables are beginning to make an appearance, and I’m giddy with delight. But my new favorite ingredient of the moment isn’t chard – it’s char. I love the smoky, slightly exotic, haunting hint of bitterness it brings to almost any dish, and I’ve been exploring ways to incorporate it into all kinds of things. I’ve identified Francis Mallman, perhaps char’s biggest advocate, as a source of inspiration all summer. We’ve stoked fires and cooked over live coals for months now after watching him on the Netflix series “Chef’s Table”. And now I’ve discovered some new poster kids for my favorite flavor: Eric Werner and Mya Henry are just as inspiring. At their restaurant, Hartwood in Tulum, they cook everything over a wood-fired grill and in a wood-burning oven. After losing myself in the pages of their lushly photographed new cookbook, I might or might ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/203aygF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment