Friday, October 16, 2015

Are You a Countertop Maximalist or Minimalist?

Rustic Industrial Loft in Brooklyn
My best friend is a countertop minimalist, while her boyfriend is a countertop maximalist. As you can imagine we’ve discussed at length the pros and cons of each, and I’ve landed squarely in her court (no surprise). I don’t have miles of countertop space to work with in my kitchen, so I like to keep what I do have clear of appliances and accessories. I try to keep the items that get used most days of the week and are beautiful to me out in the open, while the rest is stored in cabinets and drawers until I need them. On the flipside, I think kitchens like this one that are full to the brim with well-loved crockery, stacks of mismatched bowls and chipped mugs look so inviting and lived in. Having recently taken the doors off of my cabinets and trying my hand at open shelving, I’ve been working on striking the right ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1OHPJ5a
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment