Thursday, October 29, 2015

Baked Apple Cider Donuts with Brown Butter Glaze

Typically around this time of year, I find myself daydreaming of ways to spookify my favorite baked treats. Witches, goblins and all the creepy crawly things I can wrap my head around, they’re all there, waiting to be turned into something sweet. But this year, it’s been a little different. The end of the month crept up on me, and no matter how hard I’ve tried to find a little Halloween spirit, I mostly feel like I’m still waiting for fall to arrive. Austin has been unseasonably warm and a quick trip to the Northeast at the end of September left me longing for real fall, which is why I’m certain that instead of brainstorming creepy cookies, I’ve been instead focused on one thing and one thing only — apple cider donuts. The version I had up north was, of course, fried (while I do love baked donuts, I hold true to ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1RfPy0p
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment