Friday, July 10, 2015

Is Midcentury Modern Played Out?

lemon-kitchen
Lately I’ve been on a mission to find inspiring rooms free of the ubiquitous tulip tables, matchtstick legs, fiberglass chairs. And can I tell you, it’s been very difficult! So seeing this French inspired rustic kitchen felt like a breath of fresh air for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love a leather Eames Lounge just as much as the next design-obsessed girl, but personally I’m ready to be inspired by something new and different. The spirit of midcentury modern design was innovative and daring for its time, and I get the feeling that those iconic designers would not be impressed if they knew we were still stuck in the midcentury in 2015.  What do you think, have you had enough of midcentury modern? Or do you find it timeless and still relevant?   Orange tree and car prints – The home in our inspiration picture may be inspired by designer Karen Fabian’s family ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1J8AwUF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment