Wednesday, September 13, 2017

This Pozole Recipe Will Spice Up Your Date Night In

pancito & lefty // charleston, sc

Living in Austin, I eat a ridiculous amount of Mexican food. Fajitas, guacamole, and margaritas (obvi) are on rotation around here, but one signature south-of-the-border dish I never really got into was pozole, a thick stew made with hominy, shredded pork, chiles, and lots of toppings. All that changed on last month’s trip to Charleston when I ended up in the light-filled dining room of Pancito & Lefty. I was a little surprised when the chef and co-owner Robert Berry recommended the pozole as one of their most popular items on the menu, but I went with it and soon found myself tucking into a huge bowl of the most flavorful soup, brimming with warming spices that suddenly had me wishing it was fall. As a Texas girl, I have to admit that I didn’t expect to make a Mexican food discovery in South Carolina, but boy am I glad I did. Keep reading for Chef ...see the slideshow here

The post This Pozole Recipe Will Spice Up Your Date Night In appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2jnHy7r
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment