Thursday, February 25, 2016

How to Learn a New Language in One Year

How many languages do you speak?

Texans live our days surrounded by Spanish. It’s on our menus, our street signs, and on the lips of so many people who live here. But even given all of that (and the four semesters of Spanish I endured during college) I still didn’t speak Spanish back in November of 2015. Rosetta Stone was something I’d been thinking about for a while, and on a whim I decided to treat myself to an early Christmas gift: a two-year subscription to the online learning course. Four months later I’ve already logged over thirty hours of progress in the program. I’m stringing together complete sentences (in the past tense!), hooked on the Spanish TV show Velvet, and looking forward to planning my next trip to Tulum. While I’m making great strides, I still feel miles away from fluency. It seems like everyone on our team is interested in learning a second language, ...see the slideshow here

The post How to Learn a New Language in One Year appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1SWQbAi
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment