Thursday, February 1, 2018

Why Being Forgetful Might Be A Good Thing

Being Forgetful Might Mean You're A Smarter Person

featured image by taylr anne I swear I’m an intelligent gal. But ask me what I did last weekend, or even what I ate for breakfast this morning, and it’s fairly unlikely I’ll have an answer. If I don’t write something down, I won’t remember to do it. I also once thought that my car was stolen because I forgot I parked it in a different lot than usual. (Seriously—I started nervous sweating and everything.) My friends and coworkers often laugh at my forgetfulness, but a new study suggests that I may, in fact, just have a smarter brain. A study published in 2017 by researchers at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research found that being forgetful means your brain is automatically processing what is important information (and what isn’t). If the brain decides that certain information is irrelevant, it will get rid of it in order to make room ...see the slideshow here

The post Why Being Forgetful Might Be A Good Thing appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2FzsPwj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment