Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Secret to Asking For What You Want

1482503496

Last April I made a big career decision. After 12 years of working in PR as an entertainment publicist, I hung up my hat and left. But making that decision wasn’t easy. You see, being a publicist was a formative experience for me both personally and professionally. I met some of the most amazing people, worked on some of the coolest films, experienced many pinch-me worthy moments, and traveled the world. I learned to think quickly on my feet, speak confidently in public, and juggle multiple projects, all while producing massive events. Coming from a small town in Nebraska straight to tinseltown, I often heard the phrase, “Do you know how cool your job sounds?” And at times, even I was awe-struck. But all cool events and moments aside, my heart wasn’t in it. And if I’d stayed, I’d not only be doing the company and my colleagues a disservice, ...see the slideshow here

The post The Secret to Asking For What You Want appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2jwiryl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment