Tuesday, July 19, 2016

My Favorite Poké Bowl, 2 Ways (video!)

ahi tuna and watermelon poké bowls

In today’s video, I’m making one of my favorite things on the planet: a poké bowl made with ahi tuna and tons of fresh crunchy veggies. Poké bowls are pretty trendy right now, but I didn’t really discover the real deal until we went to Hawaii earlier this year and there was one on pretty much every menu in Maui – and I became obsessed. I invited my friend Anne to join me – and since she’s a vegetarian, I show her how to make this super summery version using watermelon — you won’t believe how much it looks like tuna! Watch the video above, and keep scrolling for the recipe. Here’s a tip for when you’re using uncooked ahi tuna in a dish: I look for tuna that’s been frozen and labeled “sushi-grade,” then I pop the thawed fish in the freezer for 5 minutes before cutting it into cubes. Giving it a slight freeze ...read the rest of the story here

The post My Favorite Poké Bowl, 2 Ways (video!) appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2aq3I0O
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment