Monday, January 25, 2016

Patron Saints

Saints Inspiration Board

Even though I was not raised in a Catholic home, I’ve always been drawn to the idea of saints. Recently I visited the Blanton Museum to take a peek at the 700-year-old Crusader Bible (on loan from the Morgan Library & Museum in New York). I was mesmerized by the way these ancient, colorful illustrations were used to bring the stories to life. I ended up exploring much of the permanent collection at the Blanton, and fell in love with a few works in the French and Italian rooms. So many of the great painters and artists of the old world were focused on holy subjects, and their depictions of beloved saints are some of the most beautiful and touching. I’ve been studying and learning a little bit more about saints, and indulging in some great art history along the way. For Christmas, my mom gave me a tiny hand-painted ...read the rest of the story here

The post Patron Saints appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1ntLa5c
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment