Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Hello August! Camille’s Letter from the Editor

Bravery Collage by Jenn Rose Smith

What are you afraid of? Maybe the first thing that comes to mind is something tangible, like spiders or heights or sickness. But I have a feeling that for most of us, our deepest fears are a bit more subtle, and require some soul-searching to uncover. Uncertainty, disappointment, criticism, loneliness, and emotional exposure (among others): these are the fears that hitch a ride in our emotional space, hiding just under the surface but effectively robbing us of our day-to-day joy. The best way to take away their power? Finding the courage to be vulnerable — being brave enough to show the world our authentic, imperfect selves, and know that we’re enough. For August’s editorial theme, the team and I chose Bravery. Just writing the word makes me feel empowered and energized, since it’s the times in my life when I’ve had to dig deep and be brave that have made me ...read the rest of the story here

The post Hello August! Camille’s Letter from the Editor appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles https://ift.tt/2Kf7vhO
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment