Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Bumbleberry Galettes with Cornmeal Crust

bumbleberry galettes with cornmeal crust

I was inspired to create today’s recipe, thanks to a run-in with some especially lackluster pie dough. Actually, several lackluster pies, filled with some of the tastiest, freshest fillings I’ve ever had, but surrounded by under-baked, flavorless, dry crust. The worst, right?! As I indulged in a slice of one of these said pies (we’ll leave the bakery unnamed), I couldn’t help but daydream about how I would improve upon its exterior. More bake time? Butter instead of shortening? Less kneading? The answer was all of the above, which really all boils down to one thing. In my opinion, a great pie crust needs texture. ...see the slideshow here

The post Bumbleberry Galettes with Cornmeal Crust appeared first on Camille Styles.



from Camille Styles http://ift.tt/2q6q6qo
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment