Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hibiscus Marshmallows

Hibiscus Marshmallow Recipe
Marshmallows are, hands down, one of my favorite things to make at home. Try them once, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find even a trace of relation between the homemade version and the waxy, deflated ones you find at the grocery store. Don’t get me wrong, each has its place in the sun, and I will gladly toast store bought marshmallows into melty submission over an open campfire for the sake of s’mores, but for all other purposes, homemade takes the cake.   For most of my life, the creation of the marshmallow was shrouded in mystery. I mean, they’re fluffy, they’re intensely sweet, but what exactly is a marshmallow? I’m here to tell you that I’ve conducted the research, and the recipe itself, as well as the process are actually quite simple. Water, sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, and a little elbow grease are all one really needs to produce these fluffy little clouds of candy. Sure, ...read the rest of the story here

from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1KnGFOZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment