Tuesday, September 30, 2014

How to Live Minimally

I am an accidental minimalist, mostly the result of making three cross-country moves in fewer than five years. As a result, I’ve learned to pack lightly, purchasing and keeping things that will be worth the schlep. But the more I’ve pared down, the more I’ve realized how owning less creates a lot of clarity. It forces me to think about what I actually like and want and to prioritize my interests rather than just buying for the sake of it. It’s a mentality that has seeped into my overall approach to living, reminding me to be intentional not just about what I bring into my home, but also what I create, what I consume, and how I spend my time. It’s less about owning fewer things and more about owning things that matter to you. Here are some suggestions for developing a similar approach.


photography by michael muller






from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1te7s63

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment