Friday, February 20, 2015

How to Fake It ‘Till You Make It


I’ll come out and say it, I’m not crazy about my kitchen. There’s nothing wrong with it per se, the cabinets aren’t dated and the countertops aren’t offensive. It’s not quite worth the time and resources to renovate, but it’s just not what I would have chosen. So what do you do when you don’t have the open shelving marble and subway tile kitchen of your dreams? I say fake it til you make it. Find a space in your kitchen to display the pretty ceramic cups and bowls that you would if you did have open shelving. In this photo a floating shelf was added below traditional cabinets, and in the past, I’ve faked it by displaying my dinnerware and pretty food canisters on a shelving unit. If you long for Carrara marble countertops, there are plenty of ways to bring those gorgeous white and gray veins into your ...read the rest of the story here



from Camille Styles | Camille Styles http://ift.tt/1JtBXCM

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment